Ammunition and Balloons Director
1. Will head the Budget Committee
a.Shall be comprised of the Treasurer, another director and other BOD member.
b. The director shall be the second on the CLUB bank account.
c. Shall establish an annual budget for the CLUB
d. Shall review and approve any expenses over $200
e. Shall conduct an annual audit of the CLUB financial records and present the findings at a general membership meeting
2. Shall document all financial transactions of the CLUB
3. Shall provide a treasurer’s report at Board and general membership meetings
4. Shall manage CLUB accounts using industry accepted accounting practices
5. Shall collect and deposit all dues, entry fees and other funds associated with producing CLUB events
6. May utilize other Directors with check writing authority to assist with CLUB transactions
7. Shall obtain and manage all funds needed to fulfill event pay backs
8. Shall have check writing authority as needed to conduct CLUB business.
9. Additional expenditures over $200 must be approved by the budget committee. This does not apply to shoot payback funds.
10. Shall promptly provide all CLUB financial records if an audit is requested by the Board
11. It is recommended that an annual audit be done by the budget committee and a member outside of the Board.
Facilities and Safety Director
1. Upon election of a new CLUB president, a temporary fourteenth director position shall be created for the retiring president.
2. His/Her responsibilities will include:
a. providing advice and leadership to the BOD regarding past practices
b. support the president on an as-needed basis
c. will serve a term of one year, unless the Board requests otherwise and the Past President approves
1. Coordinates with Madison County OHC to verify the arena will be properly maintained to provide the safest environment possible for competitors and their mounts.
2. Sets arena entrance and exit to provide safety for the competitors while establishing the best possible traffic flow
3. Shall have a copy of the CMSA course book
4. Sets the courses using an appropriate measuring device
5. The course will be set after competitors have left the arena
6. Sets up the timers and time clock
a. Shall test each timer
b. Verify that there is an adequate amount of fresh batteries before each match
c. Timer shall have fresh batteries installed at the beginning of each match, used batteries shall be discarded to prevent accidental installation
d. Shall pack up and return the timer to the equipment trailer at the conclusion of the days shooting
e. Verify that there is a method of sheltering the timers from rain in case needed
7. Shall return cones and poles to the equipment trailer at the conclusion of the match
8. Shall return arena entrances and exits to pre-competition configuration at the conclusion of the match
Flags, Banners, Announcers and Church Director
1. Shall coordinate the presentation of colors at the beginning of each match
a. Recruit flag carriers
b. Assemble necessary equipment like flag holders and flags
c. Collect flag holders at the conclusion of the ceremony
2. Shall oversee the proper display of colors for the match
3. Shall communicate with the Marketing Director regarding which banners should be displayed
4. Shall get the banners out of the trailer and appropriately display them during the match
5. Shall properly store and return banners to the equipment trailer at the end of the match
6. Shall properly store the colors and return them to the equipment trailer at the conclusion of the match
7. Shall establish an announcer schedule and post it at the shooting office
8. Verify that announcing equipment is setup and working properly before the shoot9. Shall train announcers on procedures and equipment if necessary
10. Shall coordinate a church service for Sunday morning before the shoot
11. Shall properly store announcing equipment and return it to the designated storage location at the end of the match
Quarter Master / Equipment Director
Cowboy Mounted Shooting Association
Balloon Setters Director